Why Culinary Arts?
Program @ A Glance:
- Baking & Pastry Arts
- Customer Service
- Gourmet & Fine Dining
- Menu Planning & Nutrition
Culinary Arts is an instructional program that prepares students for employment related to institutional, commercial or self-owned food establishments or other food industry occupations.
Instruction and specialized learning experiences include theory, laboratory and work experience related to planning, selecting, preparing and serving of quantity food and food products; nutritive values; use and care of commercial equipment; safety; and sanitation precautions.
Instructional skills are provided to individuals desiring to become employed in all areas of the food service industry at entry level.
Students choosing to take the “ServSafe” Food Safety Certification class may receive college credit for attaining “ServSafe” certification and will qualify to apply for the Pennsylvania Department of Agriculture State Food Safety Certification.
- Chefs & Head Cooks
- Dietitian and Nutritionist
- First Line Supervisors of Food Preparation & Serving Workers
- Food Scientists & Technologists
- Food Service Manager
- Meeting, Convention & Event Planners
- Waiters & Waitresses
- Culinary Institute of America, NY Campus
- IUP Academy of Culinary Arts
- School of Culinary Arts at PTC
- Sullivan University
- Arby’s (Monaca)
- Anthony’s Pizzeria
- Beaver Meadows (Beaver)
- Bridge City Brinery
- Burger King (Aliquippa & Monaca)
- Grand Valley Inn (New Brighton)
- Harold’s Inn (Hopewell)
- CIA Internship: The Poconos
- IUP Externship: Ocean Reef Club (Key Largo, Florida)
- Jimmy John’s (Monaca)
- McDonald’s (Beaver Falls & Coraopolis)
- Nesmith Catering (Rochester)
- Seven Oaks Country Club
- Shadow Lakes Country Club
- Taco Bell (Baden)
- Texas Roadhouse (Monaca)
- The Palms Brazilian Steakhouse
- Wendy’s (Chippewa & Leetsdale)