April 2, 2020 Message by the Educational Leaders of Beaver County: The Beaver County School Districts and the Career and Technical Center continue to work together as we receive guidance from our state and federal leaders. Governor Wolf has announced that the shelter-at-home order is extended through April 30 for the Commonwealth and PA schools will remain closed indefinitely. Therefore, all Beaver County school facilities are closed and events cancelled through, and including, Friday, May 1, 2020. We fully expect this to continue through May but we are awaiting further information from the Governor. All Beaver County schools will continue to provide continuity of education during the closure. We appreciate your patience and support during this closure and we will continue to provide updates as we move forward together.
PLEASE NOTE: The Beaver County Career & Technology Center is closed by order of the Governor of Pennsylvania. Any Right to Know request will not be received until the current anticipated date of reopening at the earliest, May 4, 2020. Thank you!
BCCTC Parents: Please look over the list below to see the Career & Technical Education Resources available to you and your student(s). More resources may be added in the near future. We hope you find this information helpful!
- CTE Resources – The purpose of this site is to disseminate the promising and innovative practices taking place in PA’s CTCs.
- Career & Tech Ed – Learn more about CTE and gain access to additional resources for your student(s).
- Conversion Quizzes – A customizable online quiz about conversions between measuring units. The options include both metric and customary systems and six different difficulty levels.
- IQ SmartParent – A video that shows high demand jobs through career exploration and virtual job-shadowing.
- Occupational Outlook Handbook – Quickly learn through the Bureau of Labor Statistics information regarding careers your student(s) may be interested in pursuing.
- PA Assoc. of Career & Technical Administrators – The Pennsylvania Association of Career and Technical Administrators strives to promote excellence in career and technical education through leadership, advocacy and service.
- PA CTE – The primary goal of the Center is to provide technical support services to the field of career and technical education.
- PA CareerZone – Free Career Assessments, Job Search, & a Budgeting section, just to name a multitude of activities available on this site from PDE.
- Success in the New Economy – Learn how to ultimately secure a competitive advantage! Students must simultaneously receive applied technical skills, industry-recognized certifications, and employability preparation combined with a rigorous general education. Produced and narrated by Kevin J. Fleming, Ph.D., a work of SUBSTANCE. Funded by Orange County Career Education
- What is CTE? – Learn some interesting facts about Career & Technical Education and how it directly correlates with High Skill, High Wage, & High Demand careers.
BCCTC Students: Please check your program pages daily for any assignments or messages from your program instructors. Thank you and know that you are missed!
- Automotive Technology
- Business Information Systems
- Collision Repair Technology
- Commercial Art & Design
- Cosmetology I, II & III
- Culinary Arts
- Electrical Occupations
- Graphic Arts & Printing
- Health Occupations
- Logistics & Materials Management
- Machine Tool Technology
- Veterinary Assistant