Feeding your family. Becoming a volunteer. Getting taxes done. Avoiding eviction. Caring for your grandmother. Keeping your heat on. Joining the workforce. Finding a summer camp. Protecting a friend. And so much more. If you need help, info or referrals in your community, dial 2-1-1 first. Powered by United Way!
Our Districts continue to collaborate to support Beaver County. The Beaver County Education Trust continues to support schools, teachers, and students! Thank you BCET for supporting education in our county!
HEY Beaver County Students! Thinking about ENROLLING IN COLLEGE? Click HERE to see what various scholarships will be available to you!
- Career One Stop – Sponsored by the U.S. Department of Labor, Employment and Training Administration
- CTE Resources – The purpose of this site is to disseminate the promising and innovative practices taking place in PA’s CTCs.
- Career & Tech Ed – Learn more about CTE and gain access to additional resources for your student(s).
- Career & Technical Education in PA – What does #CareerTechEd offer? Watch this brief video from the PA Dept. of Education and connect with your local school to learn more about #CTEinPA.
- Covid General Information. Not specific to schools, it is guidance for isolating from the CDC.
- Find Something New – Jobs are changing — and the pandemic has accelerated the pace. Whether you’re entering the workforce for the first time or need to pivot and retrain, skills-based education can put you on the fast track to an in-demand career.
- Isolation and Precautions for people with COVID-19 from CDC
IQ SmartParent – A video that shows high demand jobs through career exploration and virtual job-shadowing.
Manufacturing SWPA – PA partners from workforce development and economic development are teaming up to launch industry-led Next Generation Sector Partnerships
- Occupational Outlook Handbook – Quickly learn through the Bureau of Labor Statistics information regarding careers your student(s) may be interested in pursuing.
- Parent & Family Digital Learning Guide – This guide aims to help all parents and caregivers in which each section starts with foundational pieces and builds from there.
- PA Assoc. of Career & Technical Administrators – The Pennsylvania Association of Career and Technical Administrators strives to promote excellence in career and technical education through leadership, advocacy and service.
- PA CareerLink – Find a job, view local events, learn about online services or registered apprenticeship programs, find training, discover veteran services, and so much more through this State ran, one-stop partner…
- PA CTE – The primary goal of the Center is to provide technical support services to the field of career and technical education.
- PA CareerZone – Free Career Assessments, Job Search, & a Budgeting section, just to name a multitude of activities available on this site from PDE.
- PA Public Schools Success Starts Here – The “Success Starts Here” campaign is a multi-year statewide effort to share the positive news about public education with the goal of raising understanding of the value of public education in Pennsylvania.
- Start the Conversation Here -Over the past four years the state’s business community has expressed growing concern regarding the lack of qualified applicants to fill 21st century jobs. At the same time 43% of college graduates are considered underemployed. To ensure the next generation of PA’s workforce is on a path to a prosperous career, here are some tools for you to share with your student to help.
- Success in the New Economy – Learn how to ultimately secure a competitive advantage! Students must simultaneously receive applied technical skills, industry-recognized certifications, and employability preparation combined with a rigorous general education. Produced and narrated by Kevin J. Fleming, Ph.D., a work of SUBSTANCE. Funded by Orange County Career Education.
- We are Generation T – What if everything you thought you knew about the skilled trades was wrong? By 2028, there will be 3 million open jobs in the skilled trades with no one to fill them. Our plan is to change that. The movement starts now.
- What is CTE? – Learn some interesting facts about Career & Technical Education and how it directly correlates with High Skill, High Wage, & High Demand careers.
- Automotive Technology
- Business Information Systems
- Collision Repair Technology
- Commercial Art & Design
- Cosmetology I, II & III
- Culinary Arts
- Electrical Occupations
- Graphic Arts & Printing
- Health Occupations
- Logistics & Materials Management
- Machine Tool Technology
- Veterinary Assistant