Why Logistics & Materials Management?
Program @ A Glance:
- Forklift Operation & Maneuvering
- Inventory Management
- Material Handling Methods
- Shipping & Receiving Procedures
- Warehousing & Distribution
- Forklift Safety Tips
- MHI – The Industry that Makes Supply Chains Work
- Project & Supply Chain Major at PSU Beaver
- US Foods Video
The Logistics & Materials Management class is an instructional program that prepares individuals to manage and coordinate logistical functions in an enterprise and to undertake the responsibilities associated with receiving, storing, shipping, controlling and distributing products and materials and the various systems and record keeping pertaining to these operations.
Students will be instructed in the use of storage space, inventory control and shipping and receiving practices; equipment such as fork lifts, conveyors, hand trucks, carts and other devices used to transport materials and/or supplies to various destinations; and the various types of packaging techniques necessary for safe transport of goods.
Students will learn the many types of documents used in logistics such as purchase orders, invoices, bills of lading, requisitions and quotations. Students will also be instructed in the areas of transportation and traffic which will cover freight rates and tariffs, freight classification rules and freight rate analysis.
- Cargo & Freight Agents
- Logistic Manager
- Material Movers
- Shipping, Receiving and Traffic Clerks
- Transportation Managers
- Storage and Distribution Managers
- Giant Eagle
- Gordon Food Service (GFS)
- Pocket Nurse
- United Parcel Service (UPS)
- United States Postal Service (USPS)