Online Instructional Resources:
- Pennsylvania Department of State, Bureau of Professional and Occupational Affairs, State Board of Cosmetology – Use this site to obtain information to set up PALS Account for Testing.
- Pennsylvania Licensing System – This is where you go to set up your account to have criminal check and requirements uploaded for application for testing.
- PearsonVue – This is the testing company for Pennsylvania that offers you Application requirements online, as well as a Candidate handbook that you can download. They have an Application that you can download as well and you can view Frequently Asked Questions.
- Professional Beauty Association – The PBA is supporting the industry during this critical time, they are offering a complimentary PBA Preferred Membership* (A $50 value) for licensed professionals and non-licensed salon employees. With a Preferred Membership you’ll gain access to our insurance marketplace, receive the latest industry news and updates and so much more. They are offering a Free membership, Financial Resources, CDC Resources, Education and so much more…
- How to be Happier in your Daily Life – Yale’s most popular class ever is available free online!
- Cosmetics Design North America
- Paul Mitchell Professional – Sharpen your knowledge and skill set through On-Demand Education. Your time to familiarize yourself with all of the support additions that JPMS has to offer.
- Paul Mitchell Color HQ – Hub for all color education and support! Sharpen your color knowledge here! Engage with us on Facebook @paulmitchell & on Instagram @paulmitchellpro channels!
- Mayhem Mindset – Jim Hensel is an author, speaker, and CrossFit Masters Athlete. A former collegiate athlete and Director of Player Development at multiple college football programs. Jim created a curriculum that is now used in a state university syllabus as well as in mentoring high-performance athletes. As a mindset and culture coach, he is the creator of Mayhem Mindset and works with CEO’s, professional athletes, and high-performance entrepreneurs to help individuals get clear on their calling, find significance and codify their core values.
Program @ A Glance:
- Cosmetology Sciences & Theory
- Hair Cutting & Styling
- Nail Care & Nail Art
- PA State Board Certification Exam Prep
- Skin Facials & Product
Cosmetology is a three-year program designed to train students to learn a variety of services related to the care of hair, skin, and nails.
Students are expected to have strong attendance to become eligible to take the Pennsylvania State Board of Cosmetology Exam.
Instruction includes the latest techniques in hair cutting, styling, chemical applications, coloring and Esthetics. Manicuring, pedicuring, make-up and ethnic haircare are included.
Specific instruction of sanitation and disinfection will be presented to follow the steps that address the specific tasks according to Pennsylvania State Laws and Regulations.
Students will be introduced to Employment Skills, Salesmanship, and Business Ethics necessary for professional development.
The State Exam preparation curriculum will follow guidelines set for Pennsylvania State Board of Cosmetology Regulations. According to the PA State Board of Cosmetology, students must have met the mandatory hours to take the State Board Exam and complete 1250 hours for licensing.
- Cosmetology Instructor
- Hair Stylist Salon Manager
- Manicurist & Pedicurist
- Salon Owner
- Spa Manager
- State Board Inspector