Health Occupations, AKA, ‘Cairns Crew’, has been extremely busy with making sure they are ‘Certification Ready‘ for work and post-secondary education once this year is over.
Instructor, Ms. Theresa Cairns and Instructional Assistant, ‘Ms. Izz’, have guided their students to obtain industry credentials that will not only enhance their resumes but give them a great head-start in the health profession.
32 out of 32 students in Health Occupations have earned the following certifications from CareerSafe Online:
- OSHA-10 for Health Care
- Interview Skills
- Time Management
- Cyber Security Essentials (for professional use)
- Cyber Safety Awareness (for personal use)
Seniors have also earned the following certifications:
- CPR/AED from the American Heart Association
- CPR & First Aid from the American Heart Association
- Stop the Bleed
- Dining with Diabetes from Penn State Extension – Beaver County
- Nutrition 101 from Penn State Extension – Beaver County
What’s next for these students? It’s onto preparing for the PA State Registry to become a Certified Nursing Assistant through our The Challenge Program, Inc. (TCP) sponsor, Lutheran SeniorLife. These #futurehealthprofessionals are ready to exhibit their #cairnscare to their future patients! WAY TO GO, STUDENTS!